“Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.” –Helen Keller
Our Pledge 4 Inclusion
We believe that:
- every student, no matter their colour, race, gender, religion, cultural background or disability, has the human right to feel welcome, safe and included in our regular schools and regular classrooms;
- supporting other students to learn and participate in our regular schools, classrooms and school activities is a privilege and duty of every student;
- violence, bullying and harassment of a student by anyone (other students, parents, teachers, teaching assistants, even principals) is abuse and a breach of their human rights; and
- doing nothing about the abuse or exclusion of another student is not an option – because walking by or turning our back allows that abuse or exclusion to continue.
- support our fellow students to feel welcome, safe and included; and
- never walk by or turn our backs to the abuse or exclusion of our fellow students.
Because when we lift each other up, we all get stronger.
We are Human Right Defenders.
Download Our Pledge 4 Inclusion in printable PDF here!
We invite school students to take the Sa4i Pledge by sending us your details on the form below. Please include the words “I take the Sa4i Pledge for inclusion” in the “comments” section and we will add your name to this page. If you are not comfortable providing your full details, just tell us your first name, age and your State or Territory, or Country if you are from outside Australia.
You can also email us directly on email@example.com to find out other ways in which you can be part of the Sa4i movement for inclusion in our schools!
Thank You 4 Your Pledge!
Jenny Casamento, 15 years old, Victoria, Australia
Samantha Lidellow, 11 years old, Western Australia
Bobby Lucas, 11 years old, Ohio, USA
Jason Lucas, 17 years old, Ohio, USA
Nicole Lucas, 10 years old, Ohio, USA
Lachlan, 11 years old, Australia
Laura Panetta, 11 years old, Western Australia
Heather Augustine, 34, Cameron, NC USA
Amber Cabban, 23 years old, South Australia
Catia Malaquias, Western Australia
Sam Panetta, 46 years old, Western Australia
Sean Rapley, 48 years old, New South Wales
Vilette, 45 years old, South Australia